Finding Inspiration: Mandy Pattullo

A gem of a find has led Mandy Pattullo to the life and times of another Daphne and a confirming 'sign' about her choice of red thread.

"Through our local flea market I acquired a pile of diaries from 1940s-60s written by another Daphne. I assume they ended up there because her house was being cleared or she has died? This Daphne certainly wore gloves, she seems to have been to the theatre at least once a week, to concerts by the Northern Sinfonia and to plays and films. Daphne is going to creep on to my "pages" (perhaps in a book?) through her diary entries which are now going to be mixed in to the equation of the absent gloves (blind embossed) and the red stitching inspired by the name label. Handily my Daphne seems to have written her daily expenditure down in red writing which helps my cause!
No idea what to do with the real glove but I suspect my intervention with it will be minimal and that it is the absence of the glove and Daphne that are the real story."

"Go to Scarborough"